“Any idea can be a great idea if you think differently, dream big and commit to seeing it realised” – Richard Branson
This qualification is for students who wish to develop applied knowledge and practical skills in enterprise and marketing. It is designed with both practical and theoretical elements, which will prepare students for further study of qualifications in enterprise, marketing or business. What will the learner study as part of this qualification?
All learners will study three mandatory topics as follows:
- Enterprise and marketing concepts
- Design a business proposal
- Market and pitch a business proposal
Within this subject students do the following:
- Explore the techniques businesses use to understand their market and develop products, investigate what makes a product viable and understand how businesses attract and retain customers.
- Carry out market research, present data, use idea generation tools, seek and act on feedback, and cost their proposals.
- Develop a brand identity and investigate how best to promote their product and then plan, practise and finally deliver their pitch.
On completion of all of the units students will know how to use a combination of branding and promotional methods that complement each other and appeal to a specific customer profile. They will gain the crucial skills of professionally pitching to an unknown audience. This will help to prepare them both for employment situations such as interviews and for starting up a business in the future, while also developing the transferable skill of presenting information to others in a clear and persuasive manner.
|Enterprise and marketing concepts
|Design a business proposal
|Market and pitch a business proposal
Students may progress onto OCR’s Level 3 Certificate in Preparing for a Business Venture, OCR’s Level 3 Cambridge Technical’s in Business, Introductory Certificates in Marketing or A Levels in related subjects.