Applicants should possess the following:
- GCSE grade C or equivalent in English and Mathematics
- Educational experience in Science, for example by possessing GCSE Science (grade C or above), A’ Level Physical Education, BTEC National in Sport
- A 2:1 honours degree or equivalent with a substantial sport or physical education content *
- A broad and balanced physical education, sport or dance background, particularly in activities associated with the national curriculum for physical education
- The ability to swim a minimum of 200 metres continuously using 2 different strokes
- Work experience in a secondary school physical education department
- Competence in Information and Communication Technology
- Successful completion of the mandatory literacy and numeracy skills tests
- Have met the Governments requirement for physical and mental fitness and have enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Clearance
* In exceptional circumstances we will consider applicants with a 2.2 degree.
International/English Language Requirements
International applicants are required to have one of the following English language qualifications with grades as shown below:
- A British Council International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.5 (or above) with a minimum score in each component of Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking of 6.0
- Pearson Academic score of 62 (or above) with a minimum score in each component of Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking of 54
- We also accept other English language qualifications and if you have any questions about our English language requirements please contact us directly and we will be glad to assist you.
How to Apply
To apply to the North East Partnership SCITT applicants must use the UCAS ITT application system (UCAS code - N55 2LFK). Applications can be submitted from 18th October 2016 for a September 2017 start. As demand for places is very high interested applicants are advised to apply early.
The UCAS system will automatically forward applications to the programme team who will send an email acknowledging receipt. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to an interview day at one of the partnership schools. These days will consist of a group task, a literacy task, a teaching episode and a formal interview. The interview panel will comprise of representatives from the partnership schools. You will be notified via UCAS of the outcome of your interview.
Number of Trainees
For the 17/18 academic year we intend to recruit 30 secondary physical education SCITT trainees:
- North East Partnership SCITT (Physical Education) - UCAS code - N55 2LFK
In addition, we intend to be the accredited provider for between 6 and 10 primary physical eduaction school direct places:
- North East Partnership SCITT (Physical Education-SD) - UCAS code - 25W 2Q9L - See relevant page for details.
"Rigorous recruitment and selection" (Ofsted, Nov 2013)