It is essential that you revise for science because you will have lots to learn over the 3 different subjects!
- Buy a revision guide (make sure it is for Edexcel 2016 science and you have the right tier and course combined or separates). Best bet is to see Mrs Owens .
- Revision material is also placed on show my homework as cards/posters.
- Use the specification as a checklist to see what you need to learn- see the website below or your teacher.
- Find a revision strategy that works for you. Usually just reading the notes isn’t enough- try re-writing, making cards or saying the information back to yourself to make sure you actually know it! Repeat as many times as you can.
- Your exams are split into 2 halves effectively- paper 1 biology, chemistry and physics all take place in May whereas paper 2 biology, chemistry and physics take place after the half term, in June. Create a revision schedule that takes this into account.
- Try practice papers given to you by your teacher/from the website below. This will get you used to exam technique like recognising command words and writing an answer that matches the marks available.
- If you are unsure always ask for help! We love it when you do that!
Exam Specification and Past Exam papers