“Computers are magnificent tools for the realisation of our dreams, but no machine can replace the human spark of spirit, compassion, love, and understanding” – Louis V. Gerstner, Jr
Creative iMedia is designed to encourage independence, creativity and awareness of the digital media sector. It will equip learners with a range of creative media skills and provide opportunities to develop, in context, desirable, transferable skills such as research, planning, and review, working with others and communicating creative concepts effectively. Through the use of these skills, learners will ultimately be creating fit-for-purpose creative media products.
Creative iMedia challenges all learners by introducing them to demanding material and techniques; encouraging independence and creativity and providing tasks that engage with the most taxing aspects of the National Curriculum. The ‘hands on’ approach used has strong relevance to the way young people use the technology required in creative media.
There are four units:
- Pre-production skills – students will develop skills used in the creative and digital media sector.
- Creating digital graphics – students will learn where and why digital graphics are used and what techniques are involved in their creation.
- Creating a multipage website – students will be combining components to create a functional, intuitive and aesthetically pleasing website.
- Creating interactive multimedia products – students will learn where and why interactive multimedia is used
Students will develop the following skills:
• Planning pre-production of a creative digital media product to a client brief. They will understand how to review pre-production documents.
• How to plan and create digital graphics, using a range of editing techniques.
• How to plan and create a multipage website and review the final website against a specific brief.
• How to plan and create an interactive multimedia product to a client’s requirements and review it, identifying areas for improvement.
|Pre-production skills||1 hour 15 mins||25%|
|Creating digital graphics||25%||Controlled assessment|
|Creating a multipage website||25%||Controlled assessment|
|Creating interactive multimedia products||25%||Controlled assessment|
Students may progress onto Level Three vocational subjects or A Levels in related subjects by doing this qualification. This skills learnt in this unit would also be beneficial for those going onto employment in a variety of sectors.