Learning Resources Centre
We have over 5000 volumes in our collection:
- newspapers & magazines
Opening hours and IT access
Students in KS3 have a fortnightly scheduled visit to the LRC during an English Period. In this lesson students will have the opportunity to:
- have regular one-to-one mentoring with their English teacher to discuss learning and progress;
- develop their reading skills through independent, paired and guided reading;
- develop and extend their vocabulary by playing Scrabble and Nintendo DS word games;
- use one of the 24 networked computers to research and present their English work.
The LRC is open during morning and lunch time breaks as well as before and after school, for recreational reading, browsing, homework assistance and access to our IT facilities of 24 networked PCs.
Departments across the school are welcome to use use the LRC for researching modules of study.
The LRC also organises a number of extra-curricular activities for students and staff:
- Warhammer and War Games Workshops Club
- Scrabble Club
- Quiet Reading group
- Homework Club & Staff Study Group
- Paired Reading
- Author visits and workshops
The staff are: